This is a massive release with awesome new features as listed below:
GroupRide - when riding with 1 or more friends or colleagues you can now all join a group and benefit from automatic notifications if a group member has an incident, or strays too far behind the members of the group.
A group leader creates a group, and all members can then join by either scanning the QR code directly from the leader's phone or by manually entering the code. A handy social share button allows the leader to share the code via SMS, WhatsApp and other social apps.
Busby FLARE - Numerous improvements have been made to FLARE matchmaking, resulting in quicker rider-to-rider matchmaking. We are also ramping up our partner onboarding (starting in the UK & Europe) to bring the best bike mechanics and service centres directly to you via FLARE requests. The team also squashed some bugs with the chat windows scaling incorrectly on certain devices.
Bug fixes and Enhancements - The development team have been hard at work fixing any nasty bugs and improving the user experience. Thanks to all of our community for reporting bugs and ideas. We value all of your feedback!
New support experience: Support is now easier than ever, by simply pressing the new "Feedback & Support" section in the profile screen you can browse the FAQ and raise a support case quicker than ever!
- Austrian users were unable to select Austria as a country for emergency contacts.
- Odometer accuracy- some users were seeing differences between the recorded distance in Busby and other devices/apps.
- Map - the map now follows your location and adjusts to your heading as you are riding (Android only).
- Map - when pressing on a partner marker a blank box was also displayed. Not very useful.
- Contacts - some android users we're unable to select a specific number when an emergency contact had multiple numbers.
- FLARE - easily share your location with another rider.
- FLARE - matchmaking improvements and display improvements.
- Smaller screen optimisation - components now scale correctly at lower screen resolutions
- Audio - The app used to stop any music that was already playing whilst launching. Now you can continue to listen to your favourite tunes, uninterrupted.
We have lots more on the roadmap coming soon, and if you would like to view or contribute to the future of busby you may do so on our new ideas site: https://ideas.busby.io
Thanks from all the team here at Busby!